Dulles Little League, Ashburn Youth Baseball

Home

My my My my

A Committed Life
Forum: General Discussion
Subject: A Committed Life
Posted by: Doug Braun of dulleslittleleague.org
Date/Time:
It is hard to put into words the heartfelt sadness that my family and I feel for Jeffs passing. Ive been coaching in Dulles Little League for the past 10 years and had the pleasure of getting to know Jeff through his tireless work with the DLL Board of Directors, and his many years of coaching and umpiring. To say that Jeff was a driving force behind the success of the league is certainly an understatement.

Jeff and I also shared a special bond of both being alumni of Rutgers University. Jeff was proud of his alma mater and always enjoyed talking Rutgers sports. He also was very fond of his memories working at the WRSU radio station.

While Jeffs gifts are too numerous to list, perhaps his greatest was his ability to touch the lives of our youth. He was a positive role model for all the players he coached and taught them how to keep things in perspective. He knew that wins and losses werent nearly as important as giving kids a chance to play and providing them the tools needed to be successful in life.

We are lucky to have known Jeff and feel fortunate that he touched not only our lives but the lives of so many. He provided a clear example of someone who embodied the concept of living a committed life for others.

Our deepest sympathies go to Jeffs wife Cheryl and his family. We will miss him dearly but never forget his lasting impact on our lives.

You are in our prayers,

Doug, Jessica, Chris and Connor Braun

Reply to message    
Message Thread
Subject Posted by When
A Committed Life  Doug Braun   8 Years ago